Kia ora Parents and Caregivers,A huge ‘ka pai rawa’ to you.  for your donations that helped our recent Mission Day.    I would like to thank you all  on behalf of those children in need of food, shelter, love and education.   We raised approximately $2,000 which will help change the situations of some children who live in areas of great need.
I believe that we can all change lives by caring, compassion and sharing.
CATHOLIC CHARACTER
We would like welcome to our school Naomi Latu who started in Room 4 today.
We would like to congratulate the following students who have been recognised in assembly for showing our school values by:
Caring for Self –   Patrick Malden
Caring for Others –   Franco Antonio, Lucas McGinty, Faith Stowers, Preston Tuaputa, Kyle Chandrasekera, Fredrick Furivai, Trinity Tuineau, Elay Farmand, Ines Roman-Baza
Caring for Environment  –  Trinity Tuineau, Johannah MatanguihanCongratulations to Emmanuel Tsang – a year 5 in Room 10 who is the 2016 NZ Ice Figure Skating Juvenile Ladies Champion. This event was held over 3 days in Christchurch.   We are very proud of you Emmanuel.
Congratulations to our Chess Team members who came 2nd overall in the Catholic Schools Chess Competition.  Team members included: Cyprus Causer, Sean Pawadyira, Antonija Kasum, Johannah Matanguihan and Zenobia Li.   A great effort was put in by all and Cyprus was awarded the highest score on Board 3 with Sean 2nd on Board 4.

REFLECTION
The future depends on what we do in the present. You must be the change you want to see in the world (Mathatma Gandhi).

PRAYER
I asked for strength and God gave me difficulties to make me strong.  I asked for wisdom and God gave me problems to solve.  I asked for prosperity and God gave me brains and muscles to work.   I asked for courage and God gave me dangers to overcome.  I asked for patience and God placed me where I had to wait.  I asked for love and God gave me people to help.  I asked for favours and God gave me opportunities.  I recieved nothing I wanted.  I received everything I needed.  My prayers have all been answered.

The whole school will join the Parish to celebrate All Saints Day on Tuesday 1st November for the 9.00am Mass.

As Catholics we have a special place for Mary, the mother of Jesus.We remember October is the month of the Rosary.  Please pray a decade of the Rosary each night at home.
Catherine M Rivers
Principal
PARISH NEWS
Mass of Anointing – St Mark’s Friendship Group  celebrating their annual anointing Mass on Thursday 27 October at 11am.  Everyone is welcome.   All enquiries phone Megan 537 3545.
St Mark’s Pasifika Group Fia Fia Night – Sat 19 Nov at St Patrick’s Church Hall, Panmure.  Tickets at $10 each.  Contact Kurt 021 02321722 or Tommy 021 0322737.
Mercy Spirituality Centre  Transfigured by Mercy, Phillip Hadley Sat 19 Nov 9.30am-4pm $35
Advent Retreat – Sun 4 Dec-Fri 9 Dec   Led by Friar Kevin Toomey Op.
PTFA Upcoming EventsIce Blocks for Sale
Friday 28 Oct & Friday 25 Nov
Ice Blocks from $ 1.00 available at lunchtime

School Disco
Tickets available from the school office
Available to purchase on the night:
Sausages, Drinks
Lollies, Chips, Glow Sticks

Can you support the PTFA at any of the above events?   This could be either cooking sausages, selling ice blocks or helping with security at the disco.  Please ring the office or drop in with your offer of help.
Permission Slips that are returned to the office with money
PLEASE ensure these are in an envelope that is labelled with your child’s name and room number.  If you return permission slips with money that are not in an envelope they will be returned home.
Weetbix Try-athlon  Wednesday 7th December
The Closing Date for your child’s entry is 9.00am Friday 4th November.  (School office waiting for the entry forms to arrive)All entries MUST have the completed entry form and include $39.00 payment and be handed into the school office – No late entries will be accepted (place in an envelope and mark to the attention of Sarah McIntyre and hand this into the school office).    If you have any further questions please contact Sarah McIntyre at stageworks@xtra.co.nz

Entry fee is $39.00 per child and as part of their Official pack they will receive:  Official Kids TRY-a-thon T shirt / A Swim Cap / A Kit Bag and the Official Medal and Event Certificate on completion of the TRY-a-thon.
  • All children need their own bike
  • Parents must transport their child, bike & gear to & from the event & provide supervision
  • Training session: at St Marks with dates and times to be confirmed
  • Last date to register:  9.00am on Friday 4th November
  • Image result for weetbix tryathlonEvent date:  Wednesday 7th December 2016
  • Event location: Mountfort Park, Manurewa
  • Time: be there at 8.00am, finish at 1.00pm
AUCKLAND GIRLS’ CHOIR (AGC) – AUDITIONS FOR 2017 CHOIR
Auckland Girls’ Choir is holding auditions on Saturday, October 29 and November 05, for their 2017 intake. We are seeking 10 to 17 year olds who love to sing, have good pitch and will be committed to learning choral techniques. You must be prepared, and will be expected, to attend weekly Monday after-school rehearsals and occasional weekend workshops.
Please contact us for more information or book an audition now: Email  agcinfo@akgirlschoir.co.nz  or contact our Music Director, Mrs Leonie Lawson MNZM, on:  (09) 520 0841.   Website: www.akgirlschoir.co.nz
UPCOMING EVENTS
Tue 25 and 26 Oct  St John visiting the Junior School
Thu 27 Oct    New Entrant Meeting 1.30pm
Fri 28 Oct      PTFA Ice Blocks for sale
Mon 31 Oct   Junior School Swimming begins
Wed 02 Nov  Photolife School Photos
Fri 04 Nov     Disco at Pigeon Mountain School 6.15pm $5
Wed 16 Nov  Interschool Athletics at Lloyd Elsmore (for selected children)
Fri 25 Nov     PTFA Ice Blocks for sale
Fri 02 Dec     Junior Liturgy, 11.30am at Pakuranga Park Village
Wed 07 Dec  Parent Helpers Morning Tea
Wed 07 Dec   Weetbix Try-athlon
Mon 12 Dec   Senior School Prize Giving (at St Mark’s Parish Church) 7pm
Fri 16 Dec      End of Year Mass 11.30am, school closes at 1.30pm
COMMUNITY  NOTICES
Free Park Fun Day    
Friday 18th November, Elm Park, Gossamer Drive, 3pm-5pm.    Sports games, colouring, relays, Basketball inflatable, great fun for the whole family!   Follow us on Facebook Out and About Auckland or emailoutandabout@clmnz.co.nz for more info.
Football for Children  will begin again this term from Friday October 28th and run for 6 sessions (the last one on 2nd Dec)  from 3.15 to 4.15pm. This is for all children from 5 years to 12 years of age. $88  register online www.footballfc.co.nz  or email  footballfcnz@gmail.com, or phone Rudy or Sander on 0273 032 035
‘The Desert Princess’  easy to care for succulent gardens that are great for gifts, these are currently on display at our school office.  Please contact Diana Subido on PH 021872253 or email thedesertprincess@yahoo.co.nz
Keyboard Music Lessons – with Ruth Leafberg, on Monday and Wednesday after school in the Music Room, only $8.00 for a 30 min session.  Enrolment forms are available from the school office.
Guitar Lessons – Guitar Lessons are available after school on Tuesdays. There are spots available for complete beginners. Please contact Jordan on 021 132 7024 or at jordan.morrison@musiqhub.co.nz to signup or for more information.
PRINCIPAL
Catherine M Rivers (Mrs)   

若有對以上內容不詳者,請洽黃太太Grace,         電話:5370390
이 학교 소식지에 관한 문의사항이 있으시면연락주십시오.